St. Paul’s Catholic School is proud to be hosting a Computing festival on Friday, 24th of June in partnership with Tablet Academy. The workshop aims to allow students to explore Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in a fun and engaging way. The festival will be for year 7 pupils, and is open, free of charge, to any interested schools. Students participating in the festival will have an opportunity to experience workshops in:
- Hour of Code: Develop your own online game.
- Minecraft: Collaborate to programme a Lighthouse.
- Dash robots: Program robots to complete the maze.
- Lightbot: Use logical thinking to program a virtual robot.
- Robotic Arm: Remove the Nuclear waste using the robotic arm
- Lego Wedo: Build and program your own machine.
If you would like to attend the Computing Festival, and bring 5 pupils and a member of staff to St. Paul’s, please contact Antoinette Bouwens at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, 27th May, stating your preference for a morning or afternoon workshop. More information about the festival can be found here or by watching the video: