Over the past half term we trailed a new set of Promethean Activ Votes/Expressions. We evaluated the use of the voting/assessing system along side existing apps we use via the iPads and BYOD.
Below we came to the following consensus…
- They look slick and are nice to use with a qwerty keyboard.
- Once the questions are written they can be re-used easily.
- It’s a nice touch that you can personalise the devices to each students name.
- The students LOVED using them. They were very excited!
- Instant results per question for students and the teacher.
- Feedback can be provided before the next question is asked on the device.
- Easy to use software with a bank of resources (especially for core subjects like English, Maths and Science).
- A morning of CPD was provided showing us how to use the software.
- Free trail of 4 weeks was extended to 6 weeks – with an option to buy the kit.